Giving Back, Locally and Globally
Giving back adds significant meaning to our lives. Let us show you how Pathways gives back.
Team Romania 2013 / 2016 / 2018:
In 2013, 2016 & 2018, teams of participants, family members and staff from our Chilliwack, Abbotsford & Langley programs visited Hunedoara, Romania, for two weeks as part of our ongoing partnership. Each trip was full of empowerment, joy and new friends for our participants, family members and staff, along with plenty of emotional days. To find out more about our 2016 trip, and the work our team did to inspire positive change while in Romania, watch our video below.
Why We Partner with Romania
- To inspire people living with disabilities that they can have a full life
- To share our experiences and the values of inclusion
- To create a global community connection between people of all abilities, just like we do locally at Pathways Programs
“It’s a great blessing to have been part of this journey. I hope my story touched and inspired somebody here in Romania.”
— George, Team Romania 2016 —
Karli has been a Pathways program participant for over ten years. She attends three days per week and currently volunteers for the Meals on Wheels program, delivering food to seniors and others in need. Karli is bubbly and outgoing, and loves being out in the community, whether she is working, going out for a coffee at Tim Horton’s, or participating in fundraisers like car washes. Some recent personal goals that Karli has reached include walking at least 2,000 steps per day, as well as earning money and saving up to treat herself to a day of pampering at a local spa.
- Pathways participant since 2006
- Volunteers for Meals on Wheels
- Met her goal of walking 2,000 steps each day